If you miss a dose of statin, take it as soon as you can. If there are less than 12 hours left until your next dose, most doctors recommend waiting and taking your next dose at the regular time. If you are not sure what to do, contact your doctor or pharmacist. Never take 2 doses at once.
It is best to take your statin at the same time every day. Here are some good ways to remember to take your medicine every day:
- Talk to your doctor about making a plan for if you miss a dose
- Set reminders or alarms on your cell phone or alarm clock
- Mark off the day in a calendar every time you take a dose
- Use a day-of-the-week pill box and put it where you can see it easily (be sure it is out of reach of any children)
- If you have a lot of pills to remember, download a medication reminder tool onto your cell phone, tablet, or computer
If it's too close, don't take the dose!