Overweight and obesity raise the risk of many health conditions. Conditions related to excess weight include:
- High blood pressure
- Cholesterol problems such as high LDL, high triglycerides, and low HDL
- Cardiovascular disease such as heart attack, stroke, and heart failure
- Kidney disease
- Fatty liver disease
- Sleep apnea
- Acid reflux disease
- Some types of cancer such as breast, uterine, colon, kidney, gallbladder, and liver
- Female infertility
- Low testosterone
- Alzheimer’s disease and dementia
- Mental health problems such as depression and anxiety
Studies show that obese people may have a 20% higher risk of dying from heart disease, stroke, or other causes than normal weight people.
Don't wait to lose the weight!