If you miss a dose of an angiotensin receptor blocker (ARB), take it as soon as you can. If it is almost time for your next dose, skip the missed dose and go back to your normal dosing schedule. If you are not sure what to do, contact your doctor or pharmacist.
Never take 2 doses at once. This can be harmful and cause your blood pressure to get too low.
Here are some good ways to remember to take your medicine every day:
- Talk to your doctor about making a plan for if you miss a dose
- Set reminders or alarms on your cell phone or alarm clock
- Mark off the day in a calendar every time you take a dose
- Use a day-of-the-week pill box and put it where you can see it easily. (Be sure it is out of reach of any children)
- If you have a lot of pills to remember, download a medicine reminder tool onto your cell phone, tablet, or computer
If it's too close, don't take the dose!